JW3 is an arts and cultural community centre. It is inclusive for anyone interested in arts, heritage and culture with a rich programme of activities. Since opening in September 2013 over 200,000 people have visited. We have world-class artists, performers and educators. Our extensive programme covers a wide range of interests, including arts, food, health and wellbeing, education, debates and family activities. Diversity and promotion of interracial harmony and understanding is central.
Our vision is to be at the heart of a vibrant, diverse, unified British-Jewish community, inspired by and engaged with Jewish arts, culture, learning and life. We will achieve our vision by: creating outstanding events, activities, classes and courses - the diversity of which reflects the diversity of our community, offering multiple entry points into Jewish life, culture and community for the widest possible range of people regardless of age, background or belief and increasing the quality, variety and volume of Jewish conversation in London and beyond.
JW3 aims to:
- Community Programming core to this is our commitment to creating stronger ties between Jews and non-Jews through a range of intitiatives, projects and programmes, enhancing mutual understanding.
- Elderly enrichment - older visitors are engaged through a range of activities, interests, exhibitions, socialisation opportunities and a healthy inhouse cafe, promoting activity and wellbeing.
- Holocaust enrichment programme - JW3 collates and distributes this to some 2700 holocaust survivors and refugees and provides a specific enrichment programme, with whole-cost subsidy in cases of need
- JW3 provides a dedicated programme for young famillies, for example Family Friday nights for those who may not be part of a community, to come together. Often famillies have never been affiliated.
- Gateways is a vocational development programme for young people 15-25 offering learning and support outside of mainstream education. Students learn practical and vocational skills.
Established: October 2013
Registered Charity Number: 1156248
Board members: 17
Full time staff: 79
Part time staff: 17
Phone number: 0207 433 8961
Address: 341-351 Finchley Road NW3 6ETView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Older Londoners EnrichmentEnhance general wellbeing of older Londoners, increasing activity, mental stimulation and ... More