YMCA DownsLink Group
YMCA DownsLink Group
YMCA DownsLink Group is a charity and registered housing provider working across Surrey and Sussex, which has been serving the local community since 1919. Each year we support over 10,000 children, young people and families from our offices in Guildford, Crawley, Brighton and Hove, Horsham and Worthing.
We adopt a Youth Minded Community Approach to support vulnerable young people to belong, contribute and thrive within their communities.
Our mission is captured in our 2020 Strategic Vision outlining five outcome areas in which we transform young lives: improving health and well-being, increasing a sense of safety, increasing achievements, influencing decision-makers and developing a sense of belonging.
Our vision is of an inclusive Christian movement transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive.
We seek out - We actively look for opportunities to make a transformative impact on young lives in the communities where we work, and believe that every person is of equal value.
We welcome - We offer people the space they need to feel secure, respected, heard and valued; and we always protect, trust, hope and persevere.
We inspire - We strive to inspire each person we meet to realise their full potential in all they do.
We speak out - We stand up for young people, speak out on issues that affect their lives, and help them to find confidence in their own voices.
We support others - We are committed to the wellbeing of the communities we serve and believe in the positive benefit of participation, locally and in the wider world.
YMCA DownsLink Group aims to:
- HELPING YOUNG PEOPLE BELONG - To better balance the resourcing requirements of our front line services with the current and emerging needs of young people in our local communities.
- HELPING YOUNG PEOPLE ACHIEVE - To invest in the development of a strong employability, education and engagement offer for young people.
- KEEPING CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE SAFE - To increase our investment in keeping young people safe.
- SUPPORTING WELLBEING IN YOUNG LIVES - Increase the reach & impact of our Wellbeing & Therapeutic Services.
- ENCOURAGING YOUNG PEOPLE TO PARTICIPATE - Strengthen the voice of young people.
Established: January 1919
Registered Charity Number: 1079570
Board members: 16
Full time staff: 100
Part time staff: 350
Phone number: 07894 405 569
Address: Guildford Y Centre, Bridge Street, Guildford, Surrey GU1 4SBView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
YMCA Positive PlacementsYMCA Positive Placements supports disadvantaged young people aged 16–25 to set and achie... More