We support people affected by acquired brain injury (ABI), and their families and carers, across the whole of Oxfordshire. We run a thriving Activity and Rehabilitation Centre, offering a range of neuro therapies, vocational training and peer support. We also provide support in the community, in-reach into local hospitals, raise awareness of ABI, advocate, run preventative programmes and train professionals. We support 400+ people with ABI each year (1000+ including family members and carers).
Our mission: to provide support services to those in Oxfordshire affected by acquired brain injury (ABI) and to advocate on their behalf; to provide information on brain injury and to promote awareness; and to raise funds in support of those living with the effects of ABI.
Headway Oxfordshire aims to:
- ensure that anyone affected by acquired brain injury (ABI) has prompt access to specialist and personalised support, and that this support continues for as long as it is needed;
- promote rehabilitation, independence and inclusion; improve quality of life; and maximise each individual's potential;
- increase awareness of acquired brain injury and fight discrimination;
- reduce the number of incidences of traumatic ABI by running preventative educational programmes and campaigns;
- advocate for better care and treatment for those in Oxfordshire with ABI.
Established: April 1988
Registered Charity Number: 1156538
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 8
Part time staff: 8
Phone number: 01865 326263
Address: 4 Bagley Wood Road OX1 5PLView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website