Ruddi's Retreat owns and operates two accessible caravans based at Primrose Valley in Filey. It is here that we send families that are living with day to day health issues for a short respite stay completely free of charge.
It is Ruddi's Retreat's mission to provide relief of sickness and promote the preservation and protection of health by providing a respite holiday in specifically adapted caravans for children and families who have life limiting illness or for bereaved families suffering from the loss of a child, parent or carer.
Ruddi's Retreat aims to:
- Promote the health and wellbeing of the visitors to the area and to work together irrespective of age, sex, ethnicity, ability, religion or political view.
- Promote environmental improvement and conservation by encouraging and assisting the local population in environmental practice, working in partnership with similar groups and organisations.
- Invite and receive contributions and raise funds where appropriate, to finance the work of the organisation, and to maintain the constant reconciliation of the organisations bank account.
- Publicise and promote the work of the Group and organise meetings and events etc.
- Work with groups of a similar nature and exchange information, advice and knowledge with them, including cooperation with other voluntary bodies, charities, statutory and non-statutory organisations.
Established: February 2012
Registered Charity Number: 1146035
Board members: 10
Full time staff: 2
Phone number: 01484766050
Address: 769A Manchester Road, Linthwaite, Linthwaite HD7 5NFView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Ruddi's Retreat IIIIRuddi's Retreat I, II and III are full and oversubscribed. We desperately need to purchase... More