Lead Scotland (Specialists in Linking Education and Disability) is a charity that empowers disabled people and carers and those who experience exclusion to improve their lives through learning. At a local level we talk to people about their ambitions and create a plan which matches their motivation to learn, such as getting a job, becoming a volunteer or active citizen, improving family life, becoming more independent and being able to access services. At a national level we have our helpline.
To lead positive social change by empowering disabled people and carers to learn. Our vision is of an inclusive Scotland where disabled people and carers and those who experience exclusion can connect with their ambition to move forward in life through learning
• Empower disabled people and carers of disabled people to make well
informed choices and engage confidently in learning.
• Provide person centred, individualised support for learning.
• Combat exclusion from learning.
• Inform and influence the development of policy and learning provision
Lead Scotland aims to:
- Our aim is to support disabled people, carers and those affected by a disadvantage to access educational opportunities.
Established: January 1990
Board members: 12
Full time staff: 10
Part time staff: 5
Phone number: 07768917498
Address: Room B05, Napier University, Merchiston campus, 14 Colinton Road, Edinburgh EH10 5DTView charity accounts on the Scottish Charity Commission website