The Samee Project was launched in 2016 to help disadvantaged people explore self-employment and through this process build their confidence to either start a small business or develop their employability skills and improve their chances of finding suitable and sustainable employment.
The client group we work with are the most vulnerable in society ranging from those challenged with mental health issues, physical disabilities, in rehab, to single parents, or people from a challenging home life.
To help disadvantaged people explore self-employment and through this process build their confidence to either start a small business or develop their employability skills and improve their chances of finding suitable and sustainable employment
Samee aims to:
- To provide and assist with the provision of education, training and all the necessary support designed to enable individuals to generate a sustainable income and be self-sufficient
- To provide information and guidance about the different entry routes to the labour market
- To provide opportunities for work experience, shadowing and volunteering opportunities through working with local employers, charities and educational establishments.
- To provide an employment centre in Boscombe to supply unemployed and disadvantaged people with mentoring support, interview techniques, office facilities, free internet and subsistence.
- To provide support to the educational establishments within their careers guidance programmes with a pioneering self-employment option
Established: November 2016
Registered Charity Number: 1170328
Board members: 6
Full time staff: 1
Phone number: 07967452558
Address: 881 Christchurch Road, Boscombe BH7 6AUView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website