The purpose of Hillhouse is to address inequality and improve the lives of vulnerable
children and families across Ayrshire by providing free clothing, other practical support,
and working effectively with a wide range of local partner organisations.
Clothes and equipment provision is the core of Hillhouse service and involves the
collation and distribution of:
• high quality second-hand clothing and footwear to children up to the age of 16
• other equipment required by children including: prams
All of Hillhouse’s services are developed and delivered in support of a common vision:
‘to address inequality and improve the lives of vulnerable children and families across Ayrshire by providing free clothes and other support, and working effectively with a wide range of local partner organisations’.
Hillhouse aims to:
- 1. To provide high quality clothes, equipment and toys to vulnerable families quickly and in accessible way.
- 2. To offer support in a non-judgemental way which respects the dignity of the people we help.
- 3. To ensure our support clearly adds value, and maximises connections to the work of a range of related partner services.
Established: May 1975
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 3
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 01563523362
Address: 19 Westray Drive KA3 2GRView charity accounts on the Scottish Charity Commission website
Christmas PresentTo provide two Christmas presents to children in need living in Ayrshire