The Bevern Trust
The Bevern Trust
A Sussex disability charity caring for people with complex needs at our home Bevern View in Lewes. We offer more freedom and opportunity to people with profound disabilities and their families, but we must raise at least £12,000 each month to allow vulnerable people to live life in abundance. Through a tailored activities programme, sensory activities and therapies, the people we care for can participate in more community events and play an active role in society without being marginalised.
Ensure each person it supports has real choice and control over the care and support they need to achieve their goals and to live a fulfilling life and to stay in contact with their family and the local community.
The Trust will achieve this mission within the objects of the charity:
1. The relief of persons with learning, physical, mental or other form of disability by the provision of residential homes, holiday facilities and medical care;
2. The Advancement of education of the persons who reside at Bevern View;
3. The promotion of and supporting research into the causes of learning difficulties/disability; their needs and the support of such people (and the publication of the useful results of the same).
The Bevern Trust aims to:
- To provide an annual holiday for residents at Bevern View so that residents can have the freedom and opportunity to see other parts of the country and experience new things.
- To provide an annual programme of music and art therapies that allows profoundly disabled people to develop communication skills, relaxation techniques and managed coordination.
Established: April 1999
Registered Charity Number: 1103520
Board members: 6
Full time staff: 45
Part time staff: 26
Phone number: 01273 021241
Address: Bevern View, The Willows BN8 5FJView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website