Orangutan Land Trust
Orangutan Land Trust
Orangutan Land Trust supports sustainable solutions that ensure safe areas of forest for the long-term survival of the orangutan in the wild.
VISION: Long-term survival of the orangutan in the wild.
MISSION: Enable sustainable solutions that ensure safe areas of forest for the continued survival of the orangutan.
• Encourage policy makers to develop and implement strong policies and to uphold existing laws that contribute to orangutan conservation
• Develop appropriate and responsible partnerships to deliver tangible outcomes on the ground.
• Support in-country efforts/initiatives to help deliver their aims
Some priority activities that we aim to support include:
* Protecting existing orangutan habitat, especially that which contains significant populations of orangutans
* Finding, surveying and securing permanent release sites for both wild and rehabilitated orangutans, including taking measures to protect those sites indefinitely
*Multi-stakeholder engagement with industries that may threaten orangutan habitat to promote sustainable business practices
* Support the release of orangutans into safe forests
* Forest rangers/anti-logging operations
* Fire-fighting efforts in orangutan habitat
* Supporting alternative livelihoods and sustainable harvesting of forests (timber and non-timber forest products) in exchange for their protection in cooperation with local communities
* Exploring options for REDD/ Carbon Funding programmes in order to protect orangutan habitat
* Reforestation and regeneration activities; creating wildlife corridors
Orangutan Land Trust aims to:
- Encourage policy makers to develop and implement strong policies and to uphold existing laws that contribute to orangutan and habitat conservation.
- Develop appropriate and responsible partnerships to deliver tangible outcomes on the ground which contribute to orangutan and habitat conservation.
- Support in-country efforts/initiatives to help deliver their aims to conserve orangutans and their habitat.
Established: September 2009
Registered Charity Number: 1131878
Board members: 4
Full time staff: 1
Phone number: 01773 550890
Address: The Gatehouse Windley Hollow Belper DE56 2LPView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Bring an Orangutan Home in 2015Hundreds of rescued orphan orangutans are ready to go home to the forest, where they belon... More