Home-Start Richmondshire provides practical and emotional support directly to parents in their own homes by placing well trained and supported volunteers with each family. We focus on the health and well-being, immediate environment and family life of very young children under the age of 5. Support is practical and hands-on, tailored to the needs of each family and based on our robust assessments. Volunteers also offer informal emotional support to parents that encourages parent confidence.
To work in partnership with parents and carers from both the civilian and armed forces communities across the local area; enabling and empowering parents to ensure their children have the best possible start in life by offering quality practical and emotional support from our staff and volunteer team.
Home-start Richmondshire aims to:
- To improve the confidence and parenting skills within families we support
- To improve the mental and physical health and well-being of parents and children alike
- To increase the confidence and knowledge of parents to access other support and networks in their local area
- To improve parental confidence and involvement with their child’s future development
- To genuinely engage with parents and volunteers and improve or change our support accordingly
Established: August 2009
Registered Charity Number: 1136722
Board members: 7
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 01748 850079
Address: Office 18 IPS Innovate, Colburn Business Park, Chartermark Way, Catterick Garrison DL9 4QJView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website