Formed in 1970, Life Charity aims to provide supported housing, care and support to vulnerable, homeless, escaping abuse and at risk pregnant young women in crisis. Many women are often from chaotic backgrounds and Life’s early intervention prevents them becoming high needs cases, their situation becoming critical and spiralling out of control.
We provide housing, practical help, counselling, emotional support and life skills training through our network of 24 Life houses.
Life's mission is to uphold respect for every human life from fertilisation until natural death whilst providing emotional and practical support to pregnant women and young mothers who are vulnerable and at risk.
We work towards a world where:
- women who are faced with a crisis pregnancy are given as much practical and emotional support as is necessary to help them through their crisis, whether it be baby loss, unplanned pregnancy, post abortion or post natal depression, and are supported for as long afterwards as necessary.
- young people are given a true sense of their self-worth and a full appreciation of the importance of loving and stable relationships.
Life 2009 aims to:
- To provide safety and shelter to vulnerable, homeless or at risk women.
- To enable young mothers to move on to independent living with increased skills and knowledge to give their child a better start in life.
- To reduce the mental trauma of unplanned pregnancies amongst women and in particular teenagers.
Established: August 1970
Registered Charity Number: 1128355
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 51
Part time staff: 36
Phone number: 07818 646403
Address: 1 Mill Street, Leamington Spa CV31 1ESView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website