Unique Ways provides support services to disabled children and young people and their families, empowering them to build their resilience, improve the quality of their life and through our Family Voice project ensure their voices are heard. We work to create change so that disabled children and young people can learn, make friends, and be part of ordinary school and community life.
A world where families with children and young people with additional needs, physical disabilities, learning disabilities and ongoing health conditions feel valued and included in their community and supported to thrive.
We are a parent and carer led organisation working to create change so all our children and young people can learn, make friends, and be part of ordinary school and community life.
We support and empower the families of disabled children and young people to build their resilience and ensure their voices are heard.
Outcomes for Families
In addition to our overarching mission, we aim to help families feel:
1. More informed about the support and services available to them, to meet their individual needs.
2. Feel well supported in relation to their child’s disability/additional needs.
3. More resilient and able to cope with the issues and difficulties being a parent carer can bring.
4. A sense of being included, feeling understood and connected to others in similar situations.
5. Their voice is heard and taken into account regarding their child’s disability/additional needs.
6. Their collective voice influences the planning, shaping, commissioning and delivery of services.
Unique Ways aims to:
- To establish Unique Ways as the ‘first point of call’ for all parent carers in Calderdale.
- To maintain current support services levels and successfully respond to changes and opportunities for growth, to meet the needs of parent carers
- To have a strong, representative parent carer voice that influences the planning, shaping, commissioning and delivery of services in Calderdale.
- To establish, develop and build a model for long term sustainability
Established: April 2004
Registered Charity Number: 1109413
Board members: 6
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 6
Phone number: 01422 343090
Address: Enterprise Centre, Hanson Lane Halifax. West Yorkshire HX1 5PGView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website