We support ladies who have traumatic high risk pregnancies and their families (including children) through the provision of buddying (with people who have experienced similar situations), and then professional counselling, support groups and other support services supporting them as families or individually through this difficult journey which often results in baby loss. We have a baby memorial garden which they can also visit to reflect and remember any baby lost.
We will be a beacon of emotional and practical support for high risk pregnant women as well as families of premature babies or those who suffer loss, for neonatal research and the provision of life saving equipment. It is our intention to provide this support by:
1. Providing appropriate personal and professional emotional and practical support to both parents as well as other children in the families and grand parents.
2. Developing our sign posting services making links with other support services for our clients
3. Fundraising to provide monies for the above as well as one piece of neonatal equipment (not provided under statutory requirements by the Fetal Medicine Units)
4. Building relationships with medical professionals enabling us to support and contribute to raising awareness of the issues amongst the general public/communities
Making Miracles aims to:
- To relieve needs of parents experiencing high risk pregnancies, premature birth or bereavement due to a loss of a baby by the provision of advice, support and other practical and emotional sevices
- Relief of sickness by providing additional life saving equipment not provided as a statutory duty by local hospitals in order to reduce numbers of stillborn babies
- Advance understanding and educating the general public on issues around stilllbirths and miscarriages to enable them to support their local families more easily.
Established: April 2014
Registered Charity Number: 1158233
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 01622 735230
Address: 7 The Street ME14 3JUView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website