A small charity doing BIG things, Pegasus is unique in Dover District, quite possibly in the UK as a whole. While there are other very good support groups for disabled young people none of them deliver:
• A summer playscheme that brings young people, able-bodied, disabled or disadvantaged together to socialise and share activities and experiences
• A range of activities normally not readily available for disabled groups or individuals
• With professional supervision
• And one to one support for
To deliver a scheme for all, bringing able-bodied teenage volunteers and disabled or disadvantaged young people together to work and play, sharing experiences to the benefit of all.
Project Aims & Objectives
• To bring together individuals of all abilities from different races and of all faiths or none to promote a shared sense of belonging and provide equal opportunities for people who are excluded or disadvantaged.
• To improve the quality of life for all, through integration, play and positive leisure activities.
• To develop participants communication, planning, negotiating and life skills.
• To promote a healthy lifestyle, improving the health & wellbeing of all who take part.
• To provide opportunities for young people, both able bodied and with a disability to integrate and develop self-worth, empathy and mutual respect.
• To promote good practice in youth volunteering and provide a high standard of care to all children, young adults, volunteers and parents/carers
• To maintain and develop partnerships with the full range of agencies that are in a position to contribute to the mental health and wellbeing of our young people and by working together deliver or improve appropriate facilities.
• To provide an active summer scheme for children and young adults, both able-bodied and with a disability.
• To provide a period of respite for parents and/or carers and siblings during the long summer break.
• To provide open access monthly s
Pegasus Playscheme aims to:
- Project Aims & Objectives Key Aims • To bring together individuals of all abilities from different races and of all faiths or none to promote a shared sense of belonging and provide equal opportunitie
Established: August 1986
Registered Charity Number: 299301
Board members: 7
Part time staff: 15
Phone number: 07789696358
Address: Ambleside CT15 6EXView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website