The Kingswood Trust is a residential and environmental Centre 6 miles outside of the City of Wolverhampton. Its position offers access to woodland, green spaces, and purpose built environmental resources. The buildings can accommodate approximately 100 young people each day with capacity for 70 people to stay residentially. The charity supports a wide range of service users, many from disadvantaged back grounds. We enable people to connect with nature for education, health and well being.
Our mission: We believe that: every young person should experience the world beyond the classroom as an essential part of learning and personal development whatever their age, ability of circumstances. Our Mission is to provide high quality outdoor residential and environmental experiences that will support improved outcomes for the children, young people and community of Wolverhampton and the local area. The Kingswood Trust is a residential and environmental Centre 6 miles outside of the City of Wolverhampton. Its position offers access to woodland, green spaces, and purpose built environmental resources. The buildings can accommodate approximately 100 young people each day with capacity for 70 people to stay residentially. Our Charitable Aims are as follows:
• Advancement of Education
• Conservation of the Environment
• Sustainable Development
• Prevention or Relief of Poverty
• Promotion of Social Inclusion
Our prioritiy is to promote the education of all children, young people and the community, through high quality outdoor learning and environmental experiences. In particular, to provide tailored learning outside the classroom opportunities, including day and residential visits for children and families in areas of social and economic deprivation. We ensure that all the community connects with nature and learns about how to protect it. Those with disadvantage are our focus. We promote social inclusion and equality of opportunity for everyone to participate.
Kingswood Trust aims to:
- Advancement of Education -to promote the advancement of education of all children and the community, through high quality outdoor learning and environmental experiences
- Conservation of the Environment -to encourage children and the community to play an active part in the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural world.
- Sustainable development - to promote education for sustainability, with children and the community participating in developments and activities which are about living today with tomorrow in mind.
- The prevention or relief of poverty -to assist in the prevention or relief of poverty/financial hardship in Wolverhampton and the local area offering opportunities meeting the needs of groups.
- Social Inclusion - ensure access for all groups/ individuals - irrespective of disability, heritage, special educational needs, social group, gender, physical or emotional needs, race or culture.
Established: July 1976
Registered Charity Number: 1149688
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 5
Part time staff: 4
Phone number: 01902 558132
Address: Holyhead Road, kingswood, Wolverhampton WV7 3APView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website