Hospice UK is the national charity for hospice care.
As the national membership charity for over 200 hospices across the UK, we aim to grow knowledge and expertise, challenge perceptions.
Hospice UK is the national membership charity for the hospice movement. We support over 200 children’s and adult hospices in their vital work caring for people with terminal illness.
Our role is to coordinate national projects and to provide grants, information resources and support for hospices, as well as coordinating national fundraising initiatives.
We also raise awareness of and understanding of hospice care and support international activities by sharing ideas, knowledge and skills between hospices in the UK and overseas. In everything we do, we aim to make a real difference to the care given to patients and their loved ones.
Hospice UK aims to:
- Fundraise for our hospices through our national partnerships.
- Empower hospices to navigate the changing policy and commissioning environment.
- Provide leadership to guide hospices in their delivery of high quality care and to strengthen the care workforce.
- Provide a strong voice for hospice care.
- Award a range of grants for hospices and their staff to develop essential skills and knowledge.
Established: January 1984
Registered Charity Number: 1014851
Full time staff: 69
Phone number: 020 7520 8200
Address: Hospice House 34-44 Britannia Street London WC1X 9JGView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Proof there are better places to die than hospital50% of us will die in hospital and 90% of us don’t want to. We want to show that hospice... More