Phoenix Dance Theatre
Phoenix Dance Theatre
Phoenix Dance Theatre is a national contemporary dance company that tours a mixed bill of innovative dance works with its company of professional dancers, performing works by an eclectic range of choreographers to UK and international audiences in middle scale theatre venues. Phoenix also delivers pre-vocational and accredited dance education programme in schools, colleges, universities, community settings and at our own studios to diverse sets of young people with varying abilities.
Phoenix Dance Theatre's mission is to inspire, entertain and educate new and existing audiences through dance, whilst enriching and embodying the spirit of multicultural Britain.
Phoenix seeks to deliver its mission through the pursuit of its core values of quality, diversity, inclusivity, access and communication, through all of its activities.
• Quality – in the individuals working with the company, in the work produced by the company, and in experiences for participants and audiences
• Diversity – in the composition of the company members, and in the kind of experiences and opportunities offered
• Inclusivity – in programming work that has broad appeal, and in particular in the range and scope of educational activities
• Access – in producing work that is accessible and open to audiences from diverse backgrounds, and in opening up educational experiences to as broad a range of abilities in children and young people as possible
• Communication – in presenting work that is communicative and relevant to current audiences, and in the way we interact with audiences, venues and all partners
Phoenix Dance Theatre aims to:
- To train and inspire young dance students from a wide range of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds to become the next generation of professional dancers by providing pre-vocational dance training
- To provide opportunities for young people from economically disadvantaged backgrounds to access dance provisions at our state of the arts studio or within their communities.
- To change lives through dance by engaging hard to reach young through dance practice or cross curricular activities, provide dance opportunities for older people and young people with disabilities.
- To build bigger and more diverse audiences for dance, by taking dance to places and people that have never experienced live contemporary dance performances before.
Established: November 1981
Registered Charity Number: 516672
Board members: 10
Full time staff: 16
Part time staff: 9
Phone number: 0113 236 8130
Address: 2 St. Cecilia Street, Quarry Hill, Leeds LS2 7PAView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website