Fife Women's Aid
Fife Women's Aid
At Fife Women’s Aid, we provide a one-stop shop for women, children and young people. We have a dedicated 24/7 support line, refuges, advice, information and resources. We provide advocacy and counselling services, we provide court support and help with accessing benefits. We assist women and children to access education and health services. We do this for free for the women we support and their children and young people for as long and as often as they need it.
FWA’s mission is: to work in partnership with others to provide accessible support services for women, children and young people in Fife who have experienced domestic abuse.
FWA’s charitable objects are: To relieve the suffering and distress of women and their children (if any) who have experience of domestic abuse, whether emotional, physical and/or sexual by a partner, ex-partner and/or family member by associating with local authorities, voluntary organisations and other public bodies (where considered appropriate) to offer support, information and help to such women and children.
Between 1/4/15-31/3/16 the hard working FWA teams of staff and volunteers supported women and their children throughout Fife.
In this period:-
• We have supported 1061 women through our Women’s Support Service.
• 129 women and 120 children have accessed refuge in Fife in the past 12 months.
• 317 children and young people have accessed our CYP service.
• 232 children and young people have been supported via follow on or outreach support.
• 112 of our service users have accessed our confidential counselling service.
• We have provided an independent advocacy service to 93 women.
• 102 women have been supported by our DAGP worker in partnership with Fife Council Criminal Justice Service.
• 55 women have received court support and advocacy.
Fife Women's Aid aims to:
- • Provide quality support services including refuge, information, 1:1 and group support including personal planning to women, children and young people in Fife who have experienced domestic abuse
- • Protect women, children and young people at risk of abuse by engaging and contributing our expertise to multi-agency approaches, by delivering services in a manner that upholds service user safety
- • Provide information and support activities that aim to prevent abuse of women, children and young people to targeted audience throughout Fife
- • Provide opportunities for service users, potential service users, other stakeholders to shape services & inform the work of FWA by participating in consultations, evaluations & service development
- • Promote the broad agenda of women and children’s rights and influence policy locally and nationally by campaigning statistical data and information to policy makers
Established: March 1974
Board members: 11
Full time staff: 23
Part time staff: 24
Phone number: 0808 802 5555
Address: Suite 1, First Floor, Saltire House, Pentland Park, Glenrothes, KY6 2AL KY6 2ALView charity accounts on the Scottish Charity Commission website