Little Village is like a foodbank, but for great quality clothes, toys and equipment for babies and children up to the age of 5. We make it as easy as possible for families to help each other in respectful and non-judgemental ways, and we promote sustainable living.
Little Village works to prevent poverty in local UK communities by providing grants, items and services to individuals in need and/or charities, or other organisations working to relieve poverty. We do this by collecting up great quality donations of clothes, toys and equipment for babies and children up to the age of 5, and then getting these donations out to families in need via our network of referral partners. We build community, promote dialogue and empower women.
Little Village aims to:
- Little Village promotes sustainable living through the re-use of baby clothes and equipment.
- Little Village shares resources between families, creating a local circular economy and giving parents the chance to be active citizens.
- Little Village relieves poverty and improves living standards by providing great quality second hand baby clothes, toys, books and equipment to families in need.
- Little Village empowers all the women we work with, be they families we're supporting or volunteers.
- Little Village aims to strengthen local networks of support around families by collaborating and supporting other like-minded local organisations.
Established: October 2015
Registered Charity Number: 1169735
Board members: 4
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 07939229125
Address: St Mark's Community Hub, 53 Rowfant Road, London SW17 7APView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website