Fairbeats provides music activities at three supplementary schools in the London Boroughs of Lewisham, Kingston and Wandsworth. At Fairbeats all children are given the opportunity and skills to express themselves and connect with others through music. Fairbeats aims to enable the children and families it works with to overcome the barriers they face to participating fully in the musical, cultural life and wider society in the UK.
The Fairbeats mission is to build musical skills and a culture of music making with children and young people from refugee, asylum seeking and new migrant families and the community groups that work with them.
We achieve this through:
- Offering opportunities for children and young people to access music via group music-making sessions at specialist community centres close to their homes
- Enabling children and young people to progress musically, eg by providing bursaries for 1-to-1 instrument lessons
- Supporting children and their families to attend and take part in musical events and activities with arts venues and organisations
- Championing and advocating for the role that music and the arts plays in enriching the lives of children, their families and communities particularly when they are facing profound life challenges
Fairbeats Music aims to:
- To promote & advance the education of the public in music. Particularly young people and those from disadvantaged communities in particular but not exclusively refugees, asylum seekers, new migrants.
- To promote for the public benefit the study of music making and other artistic activities in promoting integrative and supportive communities and publishing the useful results of such research.
Established: November 2014
Registered Charity Number: 1159133
Board members: 4
Part time staff: 11
Phone number: 07725946836
Address: 13 Millard Road, Deptford, London SE8 3GAView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Fairbeats Holiday Music - Refugee Action KingstonTo provide three x 3-day holiday music clubs for children at Refugee Action Kingston. The ... More