Carney's Community helps get disadvantaged young people off the street and away from criminality and despair whilst giving them skills, discipline and self-respect by providing positive and constructive activities, alongside long term mentoring and offering unconditional support. This leads to a reduction in offending and antisocial behavior and improved social mobility and community cohesion, creating lasting change and enhancing the quality of life for the communities we serve. ”
To act as a resource for young people targeted at (but not exclusive to) 11-30 year old (and their families) living in particular, but not exclusively in Lambeth, Wandsworth and the surrounding area by providing advice and assistance and organising programmes of physical, educational and other activities as a means of:
1) advancing in life and helping young people by developing their skills, capacities and capabilities to enable them to participate in society as independent, mature and responsible individuals;
2) advancing education;
3) relieving unemployment;
4) providing recreational and leisure time activity in the interests of social welfare for people living in the area of benefit who have need by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disability, poverty or social and economic circumstances with a view to improving the conditions of life of such persons;
5) preventing crime by undertaking activities that reduce offending and re-offending
Carney's Community aims to:
- Carney's Community aims to help young people by developing their skills, capacities and capabilities to enable them to participate in society as independent, mature and responsible individual.
- Carney's Community aims to help reduce unemployment amongst young people by promoting education and training and supporting them in their search for work.
- Carney's Community aims to prevent crime by undertaking activities with at risk young people that reduce offending and re-offending.
- Carney's Community aims to increase social cohesion by bringing different social groups together and to improve social mobility for disadvantaged young people.
- Our overall aim to to help young people be the best they can be.
Established: January 2013
Registered Charity Number: 1150650
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 2
Part time staff: 11
Phone number: 02072280506
Address: 30 Petworth St, Battersea SW11 4QWView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Carney's Youth Crime Prevention programmeThis project works intensively with young people who are involved with or at risk of being... More