Listening Ears provides emotional and practical support to vulnerable community members, predominantly women and girls with the aim of reducing loneliness, isolation, depression and mental health challenges. We offer mentoring, befriending and empowerment programmes including training & workshops, life skills development and confidence building initiatives.
We deliver a robust programme on health and lifestyle improvement by motivating small steps of change to achieve improved total well-being
Listening Ears is committed to reducing isolation, loneliness and depression by providing emotional and practical lifestyle support with empowerment to our service users to achieve improved health and enhanced quality of life.
We listen with a non-judgemental approach, identify their challenges and motivate small steps of change to achieve the ultimate goal of total well-being.
Listening Ears aims to:
- To reach out in caring friendship to the isolated elderly members of the local community, provide companionship and enhance their quality of life
- To promote and protect emotional, physical and mental health & wellbeing
- To support, mentor and empower young women on their journey to womanhood
- To provide training, workshops, seminars and conferences on improved health and total well-being
- To improve intergenerational interaction amongst the elderly and the young people
Established: October 2006
Registered Charity Number: 1145028
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 2
Part time staff: 4
Phone number: 02035833032
Address: CLOCKHOUSE COMMUNITY CENTRE, WOOLWICH DOKYARD SE18 5QLView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website