Listening Ears provides emotional and practical support to vulnerable community members, predominantly women and girls with the aim of reducing loneliness, isolation, depression and mental health challenges. We offer mentoring, befriending and empowerment programmes including training & workshops, life skills development and confidence building initiatives.
We deliver a robust programme on health and lifestyle improvement by motivating small steps of change to achieve improved total well-being.
Listening Ears was established in 2006, out of a heartfelt concern about the level of isolation and loneliness within the local community in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. We are passionate to make a difference in three areas:
• Reducing the alarming level of loneliness and isolation among the elderly
• Supporting, empowering and nurturing young girls in their journey to womanhood.
• Enlightening and empowering local members of our community to take small steps of change to achieve improved health & total well-being.
We have supported over 1,000 people, majority of whom are women and girls aged 7 to 99. We reach out to marginalised, hard-to-reach people who are lonely, confused or grieving who need someone to talk to.
Listening Ears aims to:
- To reach out in caring friendship to the isolated elderly members of the local community, provide companionship and enhance their quality of life
- To promote and protect emotional, physical and mental health & wellbeing
- To support, mentor and empower young women on their journey to womanhood
- To provide training, workshops, seminars and conferences on improved health and lifestyle
- To improve intergenerational interaction amongst the elderly and the young people
Established: October 2006
Registered Charity Number: 1145028
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 2
Part time staff: 4
Phone number: 02035833032
Address: CLOCKHOUSE COMMUNITY CENTRE, WOOLWICH DOKYARD SE18 5QLView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website