Frozen Light Theatre
Frozen Light Theatre
Formed in 2012, Frozen Light is a UK charity that creates and tours multi-sensory theatre specificallty for audiences with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD). By working with venues and theatre professionals, our work increases the visibility of people with PMLD in society and the opportunities available to them, educates the wider arts community, and allows them the chance to access theatre just like a mainstream audience would do, but in a way that is meaningful to them.
We create theatre specifically for audiences with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD). We pride ourselves on creating safe inclusive environments for our shows to take place in, are committed to touring the highest quality theatre possible, always making sure it has their needs at heart.
Frozen Light Theatre aims to:
- To bring meaningful, inspiring and exciting theatre to as many people as possible with PMLD living in different parts of the country, particularly underrepresented areas we haven’t visited before.
- To gain positive responses from our audience, including carers and family members, letting us know that the show has been a meaningful, engaging and enjoyable experience for someone with PMLD.
- To continue to continue to educate and train the wider theatre community (such as marketing, box office, Front of House and management staff) in the importance of promoting accessible theatre.
- To support people with PMLD in what is often their first theatrical experience and encourage their companions to help support them in accessing the arts in future.
- To have our work valued and appreciated alongside mainstream theatre.
Established: December 2012
Registered Charity Number: 1150132
Board members: 3
Full time staff: 2
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 07900240654
Address: Roxholme, Harts Lane, Bawburgh, Norwich NR9 3LTView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Multi-sensory theatre show for people with PMLDWe are creating a new multi-sensory theatre show for audiences with Profound and Multiple ... More