We campaign for a beautiful and living Cornwall. We work to protect, promote and enhance our towns, coast and countryside to make them better places to live, work and enjoy. We influence development in Cornwall to ensure that the coast and countryside is protected for future generations, retaining its historical and cultural distinctiveness.
We do this through planning, campaigning and lobbying activity.
CPRE Cornwall wants a beautiful, tranquil and diverse countryside that everyone can value and enjoy; a working countryside that enriches our quality of life, as well as providing us with crucial natural resources.
Our goal is to ensure that Cornwall follows a model of landscape protection and development that is in harmony with local and environmental need.
Cpre Cornwall aims to:
- We want a countryside that is used and valued by everyone, and where people are in tune with the environment and aware of their impact on it.
- Planning decisions affect us all, yet we often have very little input. We want planning to be fairer, engage communities and protect the countryside as well as regenerate our towns and villages.
- We support the provision of local housing to meet local need, believe that housing should be affordable for local people to buy or rent, and that it should be built on brownfield first.
- We need to better plan our transport so that new housing, jobs, shops and services are placed close to public transport or within easy walking or cycling distance.
- We support action to tackle climate change by encouraging a reduction in overall consumption and being more efficient with what we use.
Established: April 1929
Registered Charity Number: 218344
Board members: 5
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 0845 2694501
Address: 2 Akankoo Cottages TR3 7BWView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website