The National Flood Forum
The National Flood Forum
The National Flood Forum is an independent charity supporting people affected by flooding. In the aftermath of a flood we offer practical advice and emotional support for as long as it takes. We also work with community groups to help them reduce their flood risk and support them to work in partnership with agencies and authorities to tackle flooding concerns. We champion issues faced locally to ensure government & organisations have a community perspective when developing policy and strategy
The National Flood Forum exists to help, support and represent individuals and communities at risk of flooding.
We understand the impact a flood can have on lives and livelihoods. We care about putting people first to ensure they are aware of their flood risk, in control of their own lives and able to recover if flooding occurs.
Our values are rooted in respect, empathy and independence. Our vision is that:
Communities and individuals feel supported, informed and empowered to reduce their flood risk.
The National Flood Forum stands out as the dedicated national body championing the voice of flood-risk communities.
As an independent charity we take the time to listen to the challenges individuals and communities face. We provide practical help and emotional support, professional advice and expertise, as well as being impartial yet influential champions of the challenges faced by people at risk of flooding.
We are dedicated to:
- Helping people to prepare for flooding
- Helping flooded people recover
- Supporting and empowering those at flood-risk to be part of the solution through community action
- Representing people so decision-makers take account of local knowledge, common concerns and grassroots expertise.
- Working to put flooding issues at the centre of policy making
- Providing training and consultancy services to help professionals develop a community perspective.
- Providing independent advice.
The National Flood Forum aims to:
- Listen to, support and empower people at risk of flooding.
- Help people to understand, plan and actively participate in reducing their flood risk.
- Encourage a shared community vision and ensure grassroots views will be recognised and listened to.
- So that ultimately people living with the threat and reality of flooding are well-informed, committed and inspired to work together to reduce their flood risk.
Established: January 2002
Registered Charity Number: 1121642
Board members: 10
Full time staff: 11
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 01299 403055
Address: old snuff mill warehouse dy12 2elView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website