Medic To Medic Ltd
Medic To Medic Ltd
Medic to Medic help disadvantaged but capable students training to become health workers in Malawi. We cover their tuition fees and other necessary allowances as well as providing them with medical equipment and books. Our main focus are those who come from a single parent, orphan and female students as they are more likely to drop out of education due to financial constraints. We link our students to a donor however, we pool our donations so that if a donor withdraws, no student is disadvantage
Our mission is to add to the absolute number of health workers in training, by guaranteeing the tuition fees for healthcare students who have academic potential, but are in financial need. With this consistency of income, students are able to focus on their studies until graduation and are able to work and help their own country.
Medic To Medic Ltd aims to:
- We aim to support trainee healthcare workers throughout their education, so that they can perform to the best of their ability.
- We want to add to the absolute numbers of health workers in training, in order that there are more graduates in countries with critical shortages.
- We want to target those who are under represented in the health professions, such as women or those from rural areas
- We want to increase the numbers of health workers working in rural areas, so that everyone has equal access to healthcare.
- We hope to raise awareness of the different conditions facing health professionals worldwide and an appreciation of the global health community.
Established: November 2007
Registered Charity Number: 1149904
Board members: 6
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 02088693603
Address: Medic to Medic, C/O NPIMR, TT Block, Northwick Park Hospital, Harrow, Middlesex HA1 3UJView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Help support trainee health workers in MalawiOur project is to support trainee health workers through to their graduation who have bee... More