A4L empowers kids, individuals, unemployed youths, disadvantaged women, corporations, and communities through emotional intelligence courses and mentoring. It operates throughout London working directly with London councils and other charities to transform communities through education.
This work is achieved through A4L's a volunteering platform Action4London. In 2015 150 volunteers shared over 50,000 hours of their time supporting the needs of a diverse range of vulnerable peoples.
Our goal is to empower every disaffected Londoner, to raise the group consciousness; build desire, help people set goals, achieve those goals and reach their potential, supporting people to take themselves out of their own distressing circumstances. BGG has developed a 3 pronged approach:
1. Group Volunteering
In 2015 A4L delivered bi monthly group volunteering projects with London councils mobilising 120 volunteers to garden for the disabled, rebuild shelters and make sandwiches for the homeless. On one day alone 70 volunteers delivered 5 different refurbishment projects with different homeless shelters across London.
A4L provides befriending the elderly services, after school support, arts/ drama/ music classes as well as supporting kids with reading difficulties
3. Emotional Intelligence Courses
Courses tackle specific issues facing certain demographics:
LifeReady: youth unemployment
Power of Venus: homeless women
Kids Hour: 4-12 yr olds
The courses provide people with the tools they need to become the cause of their lives rather than the effect, to see what’s limiting them from reaching their true potential, helping them go deeper to go further!
Action4London aims to:
- To provide its 20 week LifeReady courses for every young adult being held in custody and reduce the re-offending rate from 72% to 0% and into an apprenticeship
- To provide Kids Hour to 10,000 children in London in socially distressed circumstances to provide them the emotional intelligence tools to overcome their circumstances and realise their potential
- To reach 1000 people affected by bereavement and support them through our Living with Loss course
- Deliver our Power of Venus course to 10,000 homeless women to provide them the emotional intelligence tools to develop greater self-appreciation and confidence to be fearless in pursuing their goals
Established: March 2000
Registered Charity Number: 1079796
Board members: 4
Full time staff: 35
Phone number: 07969324556
Address: 12 Stratford Place W1C 1BBView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Action4London Emotional Intelligence CoursesA4L'