Church Homeless Trust
Church Homeless Trust
Church Homeless Trust supports people who have been homeless, by funding the help they need to rebuild their lives. We do this by providing funding for clothes, training, travel, facilities, life skills and other personal support that helps people to become more confident and healthy. We also support their move to independent living with grants for basic furnishings and household essentials.
Church Homeless Trust helps people who have been homeless to rebuild their lives, and establish a home of their own. We also support people who need ongoing help due to disability or illness.
We provide individuals with funding for the specific support they need to get back on their feet. This may be for training and education, personal development, clothes or furniture, or any other support for which no government funding is available. We also fund support roles, activities and amenities, which enable people to make the journey from being without a home, to rejoin society.
We do this because we believe that everybody has a unique contribution to make to society, and that we all benefit when everybody is able to participate fully in life.
Church Homeless Trust aims to:
- Providing funding to support people who need help to establish a home and reintegrate into society, and people who need ongoing help due to disability and/or illness.
- Provide a warm welcome to homeless people, who have often become used to being ignored or abused, through gestures of care and support such as basic toiletries and foodstuffs, or gifts at Christmas.
- To provide people who have been without a home for some time opportunities to learn life skills, such as how to cook or use a computer.
- To build confidence and hope in people who have been homeless and lack self-confidence, or find it difficult to trust others, by funding counselling, trips, and therapeutic activities.
- To provide funding for training, qualifications, and resettlement for individuals ready to find work or a meaningful occupation, move into their own home, and cope on their own.
Established: April 1990
Registered Charity Number: 802801
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 5
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 02072691630
Address: Can Mezzanine, 49-51 East Road N1 6AHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website