Age UK Hounslow
Age UK Hounslow
Age UK Hounslow provides 2 Day Centres, 1 for activities and services and has a footfall of approx 800 people per week. The other is for an 80 per week placement for the more elderly and frail residents requiring daily transport, lunch and stimulating activities. We operate a range of supporting services many of which are free of charge due to the high level of poverty in the local community. We also provide 3 charity shops to the local community for low cost clothing and household items
Age Concern Hounslow was established in 1993 and incorporated as a charitable company in April 1997. In 2010 we were renamed Age UK Hounslow.
The founding principles of the organisation are to provide services for older people regardless of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, ethnicity or religious belief.
Age UK Hounslow aims to:
- To address the large level of social isolation that is prevalent in our local community. We deal with many elderly and vulnerable people without the availability of family support.
- To provide more support and assistance for the many elderly people who are household bound due to disability, mobility, mental health issues and many other reasons. Visits into their homes to assist
- To provide more avenues of information and advice to assist the elderly and provide them with more awareness and assistance to improve their daily lives.
- To be able to assist with transport costs to enable many elderly who would like to get out but cannot due to their inability to use public transport for various reasons and lack of taxi monies
- To be able to engage more with preventative health measures through awareness, health checks, signposting etc to aid them with their future health
Established: April 1993
Registered Charity Number: 1061681
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 6
Part time staff: 6
Phone number: 02085606969
Address: Montague Hall, Montague Rd, Hounslow, Middx TW3 1LDView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website