3 billion live without having their waste collected or treated. WasteAid UK is a new charity created to make an impact on the global waste emergency:
1. We train people in low- and middle-income countries to manage waste in a safe and affordable way.
2. Our partners benefit from local waste management jobs, useful products, a cleaner environment and better public health.
3. We campaign for urgent action to tackle the waste crisis and promote recycling as a tool for global sustainable development
Our visions is a world with equal access to waste services
We will achieve this by:
• Partnering with local organisations to make real and lasting change.
• Building the skills of local people so they can make change in their own communities, with their own wastes.
• Campaigning for waste management to be a priority for governments and funding organisations.
WasteAid UK aims to:
- Delivery of improved health, environmental and livelihood outcomes for the 3 billion without waste services
- Raising awareness of the global waste emergency amongst the public and the donor community
- Sharing best practice between community waste management projects
Established: February 2015
Registered Charity Number: 1160263
Board members: 4
Full time staff: 4
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 07779093478
Address: 58 Abbots Walk TN255ESView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website