Young Enterprise delivers a range of financial and employability education programmes for 4-25 year olds and the teachers, youth workers and other educators who support them. Our programmes utilise the skills of experienced business people who volunteer their time and expertise to bring insights from the world of work to life as well as sharing their own industry sector experiences and knowledge.
Our Programmes are underpinned by the guiding principle of “Learning by Doing
We believe that the potential of the UK’s young people is unlimited, and an academic education on its own is not enough. Our mission is to empower young people to discover, develop and celebrate their skills and potential.
Young Enterprise works directly with young people, their teachers and parents, businesses and influencers to build a successful and sustainable future for all young people and society at large. Through our hands-on employability and financial education programmes and resources and teacher training, we want to eradicate youth unemployment, help young people realise their potential beyond education and empower a generation to learn, to work and to live.
Young Enterprise aims to:
- We aim to build young people’s potential, supporting ALL young people, especially those who need our help the most, to build the skills and characters needed to succeed in business and life.
- We aim to make our financial and employability interactive programmes available to ALL young people, increasing Young Enterprise’s reach to 75% of secondary schools by 2018/19.
- All young people have great potential - and we aim to empower them to be everything they can be, not just what an education system turns them into.
- We aim to improve employability skills enabling young people to provide a workforce suitably equipped and empowered to improve the prosperity of local business and benefit their local communities.
- In Wales most young people leaving school with less than 5 GCSE's come from disadvantaged backgrounds. We aim to increase our reach in these areas, providing consistency of opportunity and resilience
Established: January 1962
Registered Charity Number: 313697
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 100
Part time staff: 33
Phone number: 07794 478925
Address: Yeoman House, Sekforde Street, London EC1R 0HFView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Unlocking PotentialStudents find out what it's like to set up and run a business. They set up and run a compa... More