Stonewall Housing offers legal housing advice, supported accommodation and support to people in their own homes. Since 1983 we have worked with over 20,000 lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people who are homeless, fleeing domestic abuse and harassment and living in financial hardship. We also advice and inform other providers and decision makers about our communities housing needs, e. G. Through our Older LGBT Housing Network which aims to improve services and develop new solutions.
Stonewall Housing's aim is to ensure lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people live in safer homes, free from fear, where we can celebrate our identity and support each other to achieve our full potential.
Stonewall Housing aims to:
- Challenge discrimination: We will support those who experience discrimination and abuse in and around where they live and challenge others to fight against homophobia, biphobia and transphobia
- Listen actively: we will listen to those who call us for housing advice and support so we can develop our services together
- Raise voices: we will advocate with people to raise awareness of their own needs and voice our communities' housing, poverty and related health, support and care needs
- Pioneer solutions: We will work with other providers to improve services and develop new ways to meet our communities' needs and aspirations
- Recognise diversity: We will work to improve access to our services for those who share other protected characteristics
Established: October 1983
Board members: 10
Full time staff: 9
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 0207 3596242
Address: 2a Leroy House N1 3QP