Bridgend Carers Centre
Bridgend Carers Centre
Bridgend Carers Centre specialises in the provision of information, support and short break opportunities to adult carers throughout Bridgend Borough.
The Centre provides one to one support including emotional support at appointments in the Centre and at home.
The Centre provides activities to enable carers to maintain their caring role, including trips, holistic therapies, social events, training, information events and provides welfare benefits advice, legal advice and carers counselling.
We will provide the service and support to enable carers to carry out their role effectively while maintaining their own health, wellbeing and a life of their own.
Bridgend Carers Centre’s mission is to make a positive difference to carers’ lives in Bridgend County Borough by providing information and support and to reduce isolation.
Compassion – carers are supported with warmth and empathy.
Flexible and responsive – carers are supported in a timely manner and in a way that is appropriate to the individual needs of the carer.
Carer centred – carers views are the driving force and are at the heart of the service offered.
Integrity - Bridgend Carers Centre operates with a high moral code of fairness and honesty.
Collaboration – Bridgend Carers Centre encourages and promotes partnership working.
Equality and diversity- Bridgend Carers Centre operates an inclusive service and actively opposes all forms of direct or indirect discrimination in its service provision.
Accountability and transparency- staff and trustees operate an open and honest approach to service provision and accounts for its failures and successes.
Bridgend Carers Centre aims to:
- Awareness – ensure carers have appropriate and up-to-date information, using multiple media channels to support them in their role
- Health and Wellbeing – provide activities which help carers “recharge their batteries”
- Support – provide one to one support, identify initial needs and help carers avoid isolation
- Reach Unidentified Carers – Use multiple channels to identify carers who don’t or won’t recognise themselves as carers
- Involvement – enable carers to participate in and inform the future development of the charity.
Established: June 2008
Registered Charity Number: 1125921
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 2
Part time staff: 6
Phone number: 01656 658479
Address: 87 Park Street, Bridgend CF31 4AZView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Young Carers and Young Adult Carers School SupportYoung Carers/ Young Adult Carers need support in schools to realise their potential and fu... More