The Cedarwood Trust
The Cedarwood Trust
The Cedarwood Trust is a pastoral care organisation which has grown with the community of the Meadow Well Estate to support and encourage co cohesion whilst providing a mouthpiece for those most disadvantaged within the community. The Trust has a unique relationship with the residents of the Estate, many of whom see us as a supportive neighbor and part of their daily lives. Within this acceptance, the community allow us to offer a service which is innovative and focused upon the individual.
The Cedarwood Trust is a community development charity which is focused upon reducing the inequalities which reduce the life chances and life expectancy of people living on the Meadow Well Estate of North Tyneside.
The Trust provides a range of activities and programmes which contribute to this goal.
The Cedarwood Trust aims to:
- The Cedarwood Trust aims to champion the cause for the residents of the Meadow Well Estate by supporting them to realise their own voice.
- The Cedarwood Trust aims to prevent and respond to crisis experienced by residents of the Meadow Well Estate. This is achieved through our community drop-in and our Information and Advice services.
- The Cedarwood Trust aims to engage people in its work to reduce the inequalities which lead to negative outcomes on the estate.
- The Cedarwood Trust aims to develop people through a range of responsive, community led interventions which seek to improve the conditions on the Estate.
- The Cedarwood Trust aims to ensure that its programmes and activities are cutting edge and impactful through ongoing monitoring and evaluation whilst ensuring that the Trust remains mission focussed.
Established: September 1980
Registered Charity Number: 1100530
Board members: 12
Full time staff: 5
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 0191 2590245
Address: Avon Avenue, Meadow Well, North Shields NE29 7QTView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website