We run Lifeskills Centres in Loughborough, Leicester and Derby. Accessible to Leicestershire's and Derbyshire's most deprived neighbourhoods, each centre provides an integrated range of accredited educational courses, skill building activities, employability training, work experience, supported pathways to apprenticeships/jobs/further education, counselling programmes and intensive 'out of hours' mentoring.
TwentyTwenty's guiding philosophy is that event the most disillusioned and disconnected young people are resources to be developed, not problems to be solved. We take a strengths based approach to working with our students, whereby our primary focus is on building skills and potential, rather than trying to cure negative behaviours.
This holds that young people need three vital things to thrive and succeed:
• Relationships with a range of positive people who are consistent, caring and competent
• Positive places to learn which are well run, stimulating and train the whole person
• Positive opportunities to build skills via challenging activities, responsibilities, and experiences.
Being built on this bedrock makes our centres extremely effective. This uniquely powerful package of education, support, and challenge empowers TwentyTwenty students to achieve success against the odds, moving on to sustained further education or into employment.
TwentyTwenty aims to:
- • Develop self-belief and motivation. Each centre is a true learning community. Students come together with teachers, counsellors, mentors, business volunteers; all committed to their progress.
- • Achieve in education. Young people gain vital accredited qualifications, critical work-ready skills and attitudes, self confidence through success and positive reinforcement.
- • Learn work-ready skills and attitudes. TwentyTwenty is focused on supporting young people to gain vital life skills that will help them succeed in the workplace
- • Find and keep a good job. Employability’ focused, offering career planning, CV development and interview training. Helping young people develop the knowhow and contacts to find employment.
Established: February 2007
Registered Charity Number: 1120694
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 29
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 07495 055460
Address: 2 Becket Street DE1 1HTView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Young Peoples Journey 2 WorkTo empower young people, disadvantaged and disengaged 11-24 years not in education, employ... More