Autism Bedfordshire is an independent charity providing information, advice, and emotional and practical support to individuals with Autistic Spectrum Conditions, their parents/carers, families and associated professionals throughout Bedfordshire.
Our specialist trained staff provide children's social activity groups (Loads of Autistic Fun) and youth clubs (Wanted Fun), Adult Support and Employment Services, a dedicated telephone helpline and training courses.
Autism Bedfordshire aims to reduce social isolation and enhance the lives of children, young people and adults affected by autism across Bedfordshire.
Our work is entirely centred around the people we support and their individual needs and wishes. We aim to help people to achieve their potential and live life to the fullest, whilst dealing with the many challenges that autism can bring.
We also aim to increase awareness around autism, our vision is for a world where people with autism are universally understood and accepted as equal citizens.
We support people with autism by providing:
- Excellent information, advice and training for individuals with autism and their families/professionals.
- Inclusive social, educational and personal development activities with specialist support.
- Short break services for parents/carers.
- Advocacy on behalf of people with autism.
Autism Bedfordshire aims to:
- To improve the quality of life of children, young people and adults with autism and their families.
- To reduce the social isolation and psychological wellbeing for people with autism and their families.
- To raise awareness of autism and understanding of the condition. To ultimately foster acceptance of people with autism in society.
Established: April 1991
Registered Charity Number: 1100722
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 4
Part time staff: 14
Phone number: 01234 214871
Address: Salamander House, 2 - 10 St John's Street, Bedford MK42 0DHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Loads of Autistic Fun (LOAF)children with autism, social activity group, enjoy the same opportunities as others their ... More