4TheChildren (4TC) is a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) UK registered Children's Charity.
4TC is primarily concerned with the safety, welfare and human rights of underprivileged and refugee children in the UK.
By collaborating with local organisations & schools through relief and development programmes, 4TC works wherever the need is greatest, irrespective of colour, creed, status or religion.
Since October 2015, 4TC has had 94 orphan & single-parent children in its care in The Gambia.
We at 4TheChildren are guided by a number of core beliefs:
- Every child is special, irrespective of colour, creed, status, or religion.
- Charity begins at home (in the UK).
- Every child deserves a childhood.
Our core value: Put yourself in their shoes, and treat them as you would want to be treated.
Our main focus is on underprivileged children from low income families, homeless children, and refugee children.
We also aim to provide a level of support for their families.
Additionally, we seek to help children internationally where aid and relief is most needed.
4TheChildren aims to:
- To collaborate with local organisations, schools, and community groups, that are best placed to understand the local needs.
- To improve the quality of life of the most underprivileged children in the UK.
- To improve the quality of life of the 94 Gambian children in our care through the dedicated 4TheChildren of Gambia project.
- Long-term goal - To be able to offer expert support to the children e.g. extra tutoring for children who are falling behind in class due to their difficult home circumstances.
Established: October 2015
Registered Charity Number: 1166434
Board members: 12
Full time staff: 3
Part time staff: 5
Phone number: 03000300010
Address: 72-74B Garnett Street BD3 9HBView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
4 The 94 Children of GambiaIn Nov '15, 4TC took over an abandoned Gambian shelter with 94 single-parent & orphan chil... More