We are the local independent acquired brain injury charity and serve over 300 people a year in Worcestershire, with a goal of improving life after brain trauma, which may have resulted after road traffic accidents, stroke, brain tumour, haemorrhages and many more.
For 25 years we have designed and supported personalised rehabilitation programmes for those who are recovering after acquiring a brain injury, who often feel the negative effects not only physically, but mentally and socially too.
Our mission: To support adults with an acquired brain injury and their families by enabling them to achieve independent, purposeful and contented lives.
What we do:
• Enable people to work towards regaining daily living skills.
• Work with people to stabilise mood and behaviour
• Re-engagement back into the community with training and work options.
Where we do it:
• In people’s homes and communities.
• At our centres in Worcester, Kidderminster and Bromsgrove.
• At Housing Schemes in Worcester, Malvern and Evesham.
Headway Worcestershire aims to encourage and support every client to:
• achieve happiness and an improved quality of life after a brain injury
• achieve independence in as many aspects of their life as possible
• take responsibility for all aspects of their own life
• set their own goals and achieve persona
Headway Worcestershire aims to:
- We encourage every person with an acquired brain injury to achieve happiness, an improved quality of life, achieve independence in life, take responsibility, set goals, be more active and sociable
- Increase awareness of acquired brain injuries in Worcestershire and Headway's cause
- Educate children as well as adults on the importance of preventing further head injuries through awareness programs and appropriate education
Established: January 1990
Registered Charity Number: 702490
Board members: 9
Full time staff: 31
Part time staff: 34
Phone number: 01905729729
Address: The Mill, Gregory's Mill Street, Worcester WR3 8BAView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Improving life after brain injuryOur work enables people to find a new sense of being, independence and happiness through t... More