The Erayim Aid Trust UK
The Erayim Aid Trust UK
Our charity supports the work of a local NGO in the Kyrgyz Republic, called the Women's Public Union Erayim, which has a high reputation of probity and efficiency among European and US donors. We raise funds for them and we organise educational projects with them from the UK, although we are completely independent from them. Our volunteers teach English to disadvantaged young people and to isolated Kyrgyz teachers. We fund-raise for their self-help groups and their two children's centres.
*Religious and political neutrality
* Protection of Human Rights
* Social inclusion, regardless of race, religion, age or gender orientation
* Ethnic harmony
* Poverty alleviation
* Capacity building
* Cultural heritage
We believe that Education and Capacity Building form the gateway to development.
By paying the part-time salaries of 24 local social workers we support the core task of WPU Erayim which is the development of local self-help groups. These are formed of 10 or 12 friends who decide to work and save money together in order to improve their situation and that of their community. They create small enterprises and also act as a ferment of social development in their village. They celebrate their culture and friendship. If they have proven their sustainability over a few years, they may be entitled to borrow money from WPU Erayim's micro-credit agency.
English is very important for democracy and development. Every summer our UK-based volunteers organise English-language courses for isolated Kyrgyz teachers for a fortnight and English summer-schools for disadvantaged young people for a month. All the courses are free.
We have put WPU Erayim in touch with a programme of education against bride-kidnapping in a remote mountainous region, touching 1000 people.
We have helped to provide a donor for a course of traditional music and dancing for disadvantaged children in a poor suburb of the capital for 6 years.
The Erayim Aid Trust UK aims to:
- Development We fund the part-time salaries of 24 local Kyrgyz social workers who help with the setting up, the development and the sustainability of 500 self-help groups in deprived locations.
- Education We fund-raise for an English language course for isolated Kyrgyz teachers every summer. We equip them with text-books, CDs and dictionaries and provide specialist trainers from the UK.
- Our UK-based volunteers run 5 summer-schools for a month for 500 disadvantaged children. The volunteers pay for their own flights and for accommodation in local families. Friendships are created.
- We raise funds for a centre for deprived children. We are developing a club that integrates the tuition of English with that of I.T. We need a bank of 8 computers and equipment.
- Following the conflicts in 2010 the children's centre in the South has a strong programme of ethnic reconciliation and integration.We hope to fund-raise for them before their grant runs out in 2017.
Established: September 2015
Registered Charity Number: 1163524
Board members: 3
Phone number: 01235522347
Address: 1 Denton Close OX14 3UPView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website