Solidarity Sports was set up to give disadvantaged inner-city children the chance to play sport together because it’s fun, and a great way to learn valuable life skills.
Since 2007 we have worked with many children and families across inner-city London. We play lots of sport together, we’ve developed programmes in healthy eating and in art, and we’ve been on some amazing trips both in this country and abroad. The children who participate in Solidarity Sports belong to one extended family.
We are nurturing the wellbeing and confidence of disadvantaged children in inner-city London through:
healthy eating initiatives
educational and inspiring group trips
giving our time and attention to children who are often ignored.
Above all, we create happy memories.
Three simple values underpin everything we do at Solidarity Sports:
We are open-minded
We accept people as they are.
We are not judgmental.
We listen to our children. We heed their thoughts, and then act
Solidarity Sports aims to:
- Making our children more active through Sports. Through providing opportunity to play sports, we will help our children become more active and consequently improve their health.
- Making our children healthier through teaching them about healthy eating. Through providing healthy food at our clubs and helping them cook from scratch, we can improve their health.
- Helping our children make friends and gain confidence. Through providing after school and holiday clubs our children can play with other children in a relaxed environment, building their confidence.
- Helping our children gain key skills for life, such as teamwork. Through playing sports together and team games our children will learn to help and support each other where needed.
- Providing young people with mentoring and experience through volunteering. Our volunteers will learn key life and work skills through supporting the children and safeguarding them.
Established: August 2007
Registered Charity Number: 1123589
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 02073760032
Address: 21 Cheniston Gardens, London W8 6TGView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website