Aim Hai Trust
Aim Hai Trust
To support the development of education and internet access in primary schools in Bomang’ombe, a town in Hai District, Northern Tanzania and to improve the quality of primary education.
The Aim Hai Charitable Trust was originally established in 2008; in February 2015 it became a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation with the overall purpose of supporting the development of education in the town of Bomang’ombe in the Hai District of Tanzania. The Trust’s objects are:
• To advance educational standards in primary schools by providing educational materials and technology, support for teachers and other related goods and services; and
• To promote and support wider involvement of parents and the community in primary education; and
• To relieve poverty by providing funds to sponsor pupils from households experiencing financial hardships to attend Aim Hai Pre & Primary School and other schools in the area.
Aim Hai Trust aims to:
- Bursary funding to support pupils at Aim Hai Pre- & Primary School School who otherwise would be unable to attend.
- Provision of educational equipment and materials for use by the pupils of the Aim Hai School; in particular to provide equipment for the Science laboratory
- Drilling a borehole to improve water supply to Aim Hai School and its neighbours in the expanding town of Boman'gombe
- Provision of IT equipment and improvement of broadband connectivity in Hai District, to exploit the recent installation of fibre optic cable in the region if appropriate
Established: October 2008
Board members: 5
Phone number: 0141 339 9443
Address: 9 Marchmont Terrace, Dowanhill, Glasgow G12 9LSView charity accounts on the Scottish Charity Commission website
Borehole for Aim Hai SchoolThe School and its neigbours now suffer from intermittant water supply from the overloaded... More