Foyle Hospice provides palliative and end-of-life care for patients suffering from Cancer and other life-limiting illnesses such as Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease and Parkinson's Disease.
Palliative Care (Hospice Care) is based on a philosophy which recognises the need to treat each person with dignity, respect and compassion, irrespective of their cultural or religious background.
The hospice is committed to providing the best quality of life for our patients by supporting them and their families in an attentive , non-intrusive way and sharing truthful information in a sensitive manner.
Foyle Hospice aims to:
- Provide the highest levels of support and care to our patients and help them to retain independence and control of as many aspects of their care and life as possible.
- Share truthful information about diagnosis, treatment and prognosis with a patient in a sensitive manner
- Support families and loved ones to help them cope during the illness and in bereavement in an attentive and non-intrusive manner.
- Co-operate and collaborate with other professionals and support agencies, in particular the Primary Health Care Team and Hospitals.
- Make decisions about treatment and care in conjunction with members of a multidisciplinary team and in line with a patient's personal goals and preferences.
Established: November 1985
Board members: 10
Full time staff: 19
Part time staff: 62
Phone number: 028 71359888
Address: 61 Culmore Road BT48 8JE