Caldecott Foundation Limited
Caldecott Foundation Limited
Caldecott works with children who have endured the worst extremes of cruelty, abuse and neglect. They have been taken into care and have suffered breakdown after breakdown within the family setting, foster care and education - indeed, they are children who have had the toughest possible start in life. We aim to rebuild lives and equip children to face their futures with confidence and optimism. This is done through providing holistic care based on family-style residential homes, highly specialist education, therapy and emotional support.
The Caldecott Foundation cares for children who have significant social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, due to suffering severe neglect and trauma in the early stages of life.
Providing residential care for up to fifty children and young people aged 5 to 18 in comfortable homes with an assessment centre, on-site school, vocational learning centre and therapy service, Caldecott delivers a comprehensive package of care and education tailored to each young person’s individual needs.
Caldecott Foundation runs 6 homes in Ashford, Kent along with an Emergency and Assessment Centre, as well as a supported accommodation unit to bridge a gap between care and independence. As well as these provisions in Kent, Caldecott now has an Emergency and Assessment Centre in Fledborough, Nottingham.
Caldecott Fostering offers young people security of a family home and runs a unique service, catering for young people who need a higher level of support.
Over one hundred years of experience caring for vulnerable children has given us knowledge and expertise to help them rebuild their lives and look forward to a bright future. Our philosophy is that every child is an individual and we tailor the care we provide to these specific needs. We believe that this combination of experience, child centred practice and individualised care makes us uniquely suitable for the task of caring for our children.
Caldecott Foundation Limited aims to:
- To provide a communal life, a home and education for young people whose family and home environment is for any reason unsuitable and unstable.
- To provide information and training for those engaged in teaching or caring for children and young people in challenging circumstances
- To promote, encourage and conduct the education and welfare of children on an undenominational basis
- To foster and undertake research into any aspect of the organisation's work and to disseminate the results of such research.
- To provide any other education. welfare and therapeutic treatment facilities for the relief of children with behavioural difficulties to help such young people achieve their potential.
Established: November 1911
Registered Charity Number: 307889
Board members: 12
Full time staff: 166
Part time staff: 10
Phone number: 01303 815678
Address: Caldecott House Smeeth Ashford Kent TN25 6SPView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website