Children Ahead Ltd
Children Ahead Ltd
We run a Therapy Centre for children with mild/moderate learning difficulties to help them thrive in their education and social life. We work collaboratively with parents/schools to ensure best outcome
Children Ahead aims to raise general educational standards and improve individual outcomes for vulnerable children in Hacney and Haringey school settings. We work with children with a range of mild to moderate learning difficulties including; literacy problems, speech, language and communication problems, sensory integration issues and fine and gross motor skills difficulties.
We believe that in order to facilitate effective change in the current school system the problem needs to be addressed from two ends. On the one end, there needs to be systems support and management training to head teachers and Sencos (special educational needs coordinators), professional development for teachers - all the ensure an inclusive and professional approach top-down; and on the other end, specialist intervention for individual children delivered by a bank of professionals along with guidance for parents on managing and supporting their children with special educational needs, to drive change bottom up, and give these children a chance at success in their future.
Children Ahead Ltd aims to:
- To empower children in need with social skills, language /communication skills to eliminate isolation and create better employment opportunities resulting in them not being dependent on state benefits
- To provide information, guidance and support to parents of children with mild to moderate learning difficulties and empower them with relevant skills to help their children progress.
- To increase understanding of Special Educational Needs particularly amongst those working with children and empower them with tools to support children and help them achieve their maximum potential.
- To increase educational opportunities and facilitate therapy for children in need decreasing the risk of them engaging in anti social behavior and the need to seek identity through risk taking
- To help all children including those with mild to moderate learning difficulties to reach their full potential and narrow the gap with their peers to prevent them falling out of the educational system
Established: July 2010
Registered Charity Number: 1138140
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 4
Part time staff: 25
Phone number: 020 8806 7312
Address: 5c Heathland Road London N16 5PDView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website