Live Music Now Limited
Live Music Now Limited
Live Music Now provides high-quality music experiences for people with limited access to the arts, due to disability, illness or social disadvantage.
Live Music Now (LMN) is a national charity, set up by internationally-renowned violinist Yehudi Menuhin. LMN provides high-quality music experiences for a diverse range of people who have limited access to live music, due to disability, illness or social disadvantage. LMN’s activities enable participants to benefit from the many therapeutic, social and emotional benefits of engaging with live music – an experience that transforms and enriches lives.
Each year LMN’s emerging professional musicians deliver around 2,500 participatory performances and workshops in special schools, residential care homes and community centres, reaching over 120,000 people across the UK. Activities take place in direct response to need and are tailored for each group and occasion, ranging from one-off performances to residency projects. Wherever possible we undertake sustained activity and establish long-term partnerships to provide lasting impact for our beneficiaries.
Our work focuses on two areas where we believe we can bring most benefit:
1. Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND): particularly children and young people
2. Wellbeing: particularly older people, including those living with dementia and/or loneliness; and adults living with a range of mental health issues.
Live Music Now Limited aims to:
- We aim to enrich the lives of older people around the UK, particularly those living with dementia, loneliness or with long-term conditions in hospitals, with the transformative power of live music.
- We aim to support the development of children with special educational needs (including those with autism, multiple and complex needs, or in PRUs) by providing interactive music experiences.
- We aim to support the development and skills of professional musicians, by enabling them to work in a wide variety of community settings around the UK and beyond.
Established: May 1977
Registered Charity Number: 273596
Board members: 10
Full time staff: 3
Part time staff: 16
Phone number: 020 7014 2829
Address: The Music Base King's Place 70 York Way London N1 9AGView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Live Music Now: Menuhin Centenary ProjectWe will bring inspirational live music to older people living with dementia in care homes ... More