HOPE worldwide UK

HOPE worldwide UK

Charity information

HOPE worldwide UK

To transform the lives of disadvantaged and vulnerable people by delivering high quality programmes that inspire and involve volunteers in compassionate service. Our activities fall into 2 main groups: Programmes which help people change their lives and which involve the use of volunteers in the UK; using volunteers to fundraise for programmes which will transform lives overseas.

95% of expenditure is programme related, leaving only 5% for governance and fundraising. In the UK we run Two Step (housing 300 plus homeless people a year), Moving On (mentoring the disadvantaged to improve their lives) and ODAAT (drug and alcohol recovery). The charity also raises funds for programmes in the developing world, especially India, Nepal, Afghanistan, Cambodia and Zambia. Overseas work includes: orphans; education; adult training; rural development; treating TB, diabetes and lepers; maternity health and others.

Founded 1995

  • Two Step - housing single homeless in Manchester

    The single homeless are lowest priority for local authorities. They are neglected and can ... More