Longfield provides specialist services for people living with a life-limiting illness in Gloucestershire, 365 days per year.
Every day someone in Gloucestershire learns that they or a loved one have a life-limiting illness. It is a traumatic experience for everyone involved and Longfield is there to help from the moment of diagnosis onwards. The hospice cares for more than 650 people a year and that figure is growing.
Hospices are often thought of as places to die or only for people with cancer and yet neither description is true. Our specialist Hospice at Home nurses provide care at end of life in people’s own homes, but the organisation also support’s people who go on to lead fulfilling lives.
At our purpose-built centre in Minchinhampton, we provide day hospice facilities where people spend a day a week at our centre, utilising the services they need, enjoying nutritious meals and socialising with others.
The services we provide include; art for health, physiotherapy, counselling and many complementary therapies. The Hospice also hosts a range of NHS services so that people do not have to travel to hospital. They include a palliative care consultant clinic, pulmonary rehab clinics and lymphoedema clinics.
The charity supports the entire family not just the one who is ill. It provides counselling and bereavement support for those coming to terms with a loss.
All of our services are provided free of charge. But we could not do that without the support of our funders and the community.
Longfield aims to:
- Our goal is to provide care near to where people live in our catchment area, by running our services in the community – in places such as GP surgeries, hospitals and village halls.
- Longfield offers care for people with cancer and for those with conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease or Motor Neurone Disease and MS.
- We want to enable people to live well with their condition. We specialise in supporting people with physical concerns they might have such as pain management.
- The support we offer extends to a patient’s family – including support for family carers and with counselling and bereavement support.
- We provide a range of education courses around palliative care and the care of people living with a life-limiting illness to improve the knowledge and skill of health and social care professionals.
Established: January 1988
Registered Charity Number: 298627
Board members: 9
Full time staff: 42
Part time staff: 95
Phone number: 01453886868
Address: Longfield Burleigh Lane Minchinhampton GL5 2PQView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website