As an established charity with 50 years of experience, Nacro has been repositioning itself as a champion of social justice which continues to put crime prevention and reduction at its core. We use our knowledge and experience to help the most vulnerable in the community to change their lives and to reach their full potential and aspirations. Nacro’s work focuses on providing housing, education, employment, consultancy and training across England and Wales.
We positively change lives, strengthen communities, enhance social inclusion, reduce crime, and prevent offending behaviour.
We are courageous. We have bold aims which we are determined to achieve. We seize opportunities and deliver results.
We are inspiring. We motivate and inspire people to reach their full potential and aspirations. We encourage people to think differently.
We are reliable. We keep our promises. We provide consistent support and we stick with people.
We focus on outcomes. We work effectively to deliver the right results and support people to achieve meaningful outcomes.
Nacro aims to:
- Education - We provide young people with the skills they need to get back into education, training or employment through specialised courses.
- Housing - We provide accommodation, support and wellbeing services, outreach services and information, advice and guidance.
- Justice - We work with offenders in the courts, in prisons and in the community, managing the offender journey in a way designed to minimise the risk of reoffending.
- Resettlement Advice Service - Our dedicated national phone and online service provides advice and support on resettlement matters to offenders, their families and practitioners.
- Working in partnership to influence policy - Using our knowledge of what works, we work closely with government and public advisors to reduce crime, help inform policy and shape practice.
Established: March 1966
Registered Charity Number: 226171
Board members: 10
Full time staff: 518
Part time staff: 266
Phone number: 0300 123 1889
Address: 46 Loman Street SE1 0EHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website