SENEthiopia is a UK based charity that aims to support children in northern Ethiopia who are classified as having special educational needs (SEN).
To advance education, promote health and relieve need for blind and visually impaired children in particular but not exclusively by providing educational support and resources for the Mekelle Blind School in Tigray, Ethiopia and other schools in this region as the trustees identify.
Senethiopia aims to:
- 1. Support children in northern Ethiopia who are classified as having SEN.
- 2. Provide a safe and secure environment for the children at Mekelle Blind School.
- 3. Ensure children have access to their full curriculum, including accessible school text books. a. In the interim, provide the materials, software and hardware for children at each stage of their education to access school texts. b. In the longer term, develop and support the local educational community’s independent capacity to produce and distribute accessible school texts.
- 4. Promote improved understanding of SEN children in the wider community and integration into mainstream schools (post grade 8).
- 5. Support the progress of SENTigray (SENEthiopia’s local sister-charity) progress towards becoming a self-sustaining partner.
Established: January 2004
Registered Charity Number: 1139380
Board members: 10
Phone number: 07926540227
Address: SENEthiopia 17 Chilwell RoadNottingham NG9 1EHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
‘Talking Textbooks’ for blind students Ethiop...At present visually impaired children across Tigray province are not able to access educat... More