The Maya Centre
The Maya Centre
We provide free long term counselling & psychological support to vulnerable women. Women who have experienced severe trauma through domestic violence, abuse in childhood or overseas in war & Conflict.
The Maya Centre provides long term counselling and psychological support to some of the most vulnerable women in our community; women who have experienced severe trauma through domestic violence, abuse in childhood or overseas in war and conflict.
The fact that the support is free and targeted at the most marginal and disadvantaged women makes the Maya Centre a unique and very special place. The Maya Centre is committed to providing counselling for women who do not have access to other options.
The Maya Centre aims to:
- Free psychological support to women who have experienced trauma or are at risk of gender-based violence or abuse.
- Psychological support delivered by multilingual psychotherapists & counsellors who are experts in trauma, neglect, deprivation & complex multilayered issues experienced by our clients.
- Long term commitment to clients to include up to a year of 1:1 therapy and, where appropriate, other therapy options, including access to groups, psycho-education & short term therapy options.
- Work flexibly and creatively in partnership with other experts, organisations and providers to maximise the therapeutic opportunities and practical support available to our clients.
- To lower the stigma around mental health; to make it as normal and important to talk about our emotional lives as it is our physical health. Vision:Maya Centre, a place of change and growth for women
Established: October 1984
Registered Charity Number: 1012889
Board members: 6
Part time staff: 18
Phone number: 020 7281 8970
Address: The Maya Centre, Unit 8, 9-15 Elthorne Road London N19 4AJView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website